WELCOME TO THE WIRRAL AND THE WOODCOTE HOTEL
The Wirral is an extraordinary slice of heaven! The perfect place for a weekend get-away or a family holiday with something for everyone.
Located in between the Dee Estuary and the River Mersey, the Wirral is approximately 15 miles long by 7 miles wide.
The Woodcote Hotel is ideally located within 5 minutes of the M53 and A550 New Chester Road and only a half mile from Hooton Train station.
Explore the Wirral with its rich history, picturesque coast line and countryside. Whether you are looking for outdoor activities, shopping or the arts…the Wirral has it!
Take the famous Mersey Ferry across the Mersey to Liverpool or enjoy the Mersey Sightseeing Experience on River Explorer Cruises.
Uk’s number one zoo within 7 miles of the Woodcote. There’s family fun to be had at the World-renowned Chester Zoo – with over 15,000 animals on 125 acres there’s always something new to see.
With Europe’s largest collection of sharks and home to over 100 living displays located only 6.9 miles from the Woodcote Hotel.
Is a great family friendly day out in rural Wirral. A great range of indoor and outdoor play, and the famous maize maze every summer less than 6 miles away from the Woodcote.
A children’s favourite at Albert Dock in Liverpool. With 13,000 square feet of interactive adventure, kids will enjoy their favourite television characters that inspires their imagination.
13,000 square feet of indoor golfing adventure with two 18-hole courses to choose from – all within 7 miles from Woodcote Hotel.
Wirral offers a spectacular display of coastal wildlife in their habitats with its six Green Flag parks along the coast. From the Dee Estuary to the North Wirral Foreshore of Hoylake and Meols to the Mersey Estuary. Explore the many species of invertebrates, waders and wildfowl found in the Dee Estuary, the Red Rocks of Hoylake and on to the Mersey Estuary that has one of the highest tidal ranges in Europe.
Walking in Wirral is special with its whimsical mix of the countryside and coastlines and panoramic views that stimulate the senses. There are 50 miles of different routes to choose from when planning your walking journey.
- Lady Lever Art Gallery, Port Sunlight Village, Wirral, CH62 5EQ
- Chester Military Museum, The Castle, Chester CH1 2DN
- Merseyside Maritime Museum, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AQ
- Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head, Liverpool Waterfront, L3 IDG
- Sudley House, Mossley Hill Road, Liverpool, L18 8BX
- Walker Art Gallery, William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EL
- World Museum, William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EN
- Tate Museum, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4BB
- Bromborough Golf Club, Bromborough (3.1m)
- Brackenwood Municipal Golf Club, Wirral (5.6m)
- Heswall Golf Club, Heswall (6.9m)
- Prenton Golf Club, Prenton (7.5m)
- Arrowe Park Municipal Golf Club, Birkenhead (8.1m)
- Wallasey Golf Club, Wallasey (11.9m)
- Caldy Golf Club, Caldy (12.5)
- Warren Municipal Golf Club, Wallasey (13.1)
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club, Hoylake (15m)
- Hoylake Municipal Golf Club, Hoylake (15m)
Rory McIlroy lifted the Claret Jug the last time The Open was held at Royal Liverpool in 2014. The course will stage the Championship for the 13th time in 2023.
Two of the three amateurs who have won The Open were Hoylake members: John Ball and Harold Hilton. The other amateur winner, Bobby Jones, won his third Open at Hoylake, an event which was the second of four steps in his unmatched Grand Slam.
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet
Is UK’s largest designer outlet with over 250,000 square feet of shopping bliss is within 6.5 miles of the Woodcote Hotel. There are 145 luxury and high street brands to relish from Burberry, Polo, Michael Kors, to Adidas, Next, and Marks & Spencer’s. Best shopping for every fashionista!
In the heart of the Liverpool City Centre. Liverpool One offers over 170 shops, restaurants, and bars. In addition, enjoy year-round events to make your day that much better. https://www.liverpool-one.com
A 15-minute train ride from Hooton Station will take you to Chester. The shops at Chester consist of four main streets that are always busy and have been since the middle ages of this Roman City. The streets offer a main shopping areas with store level shopfronts and as series of elevated covered walkways known as the ‘The Rows.’ Here you can find tea rooms, bookstores and galleries.
On the north-eastern tip of the Wirral Peninsula where the River Mersey meets the Irish Sea. Known as a bustling seaside resort since 1826 for its pier, promenade and bathing pools, New Brighton has given many wonderful memories to all who have visited.
It boasts a 19th century Grade II former sea defense, Fort Perch Rock and the Perch Rock Lighthouse. In addition, today it houses a leisure and retail facility called Marine Point that includes a popular theatre, marine lake, parks, and a unique fairy village.
Just Opened – The New Brighton Mermaid Trail, which takes its inspiration from ‘The Black Rock Mermaid’, who was said to have appeared to a local sailor in New Brighton in the 18th century, was officially unveiled on 7th June.
A top British Heritage attraction located on the spectacular waterfront, Albert Dock boasts the largest collection of grade 1 buildings in Britain. A fully functioning dock until 1972; it was restored by HRH Prince Charles in 1988 as a visitor attraction. It offers many shops and family friendly restaurants as well as a kid favourite – Mattel Play. There are always event happenings at Albert Dock, check out their website to see what’s going on.
- The Cavern Club where the Beatles played 292 times between 1961 and 1963 and includes other top performers like The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, The Who, Queen, Stevie Wonder, The Kinks, Adele and many more! The Cavern Pub also has live music 7 days a week. www.cavernclub.com
- Magical Mystery Tour offers a detailed two hour guided tour detailing where John, Paul, George and Ringo grew up and formed the band. You will see local influences that directly relate to their lyrics to include Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields as well as their childhood homes and schools. www.cavernclub.com
- International Beatle Week Festival is held annually in August. It is a celebration of the most famous pop group of all time to include live music, theatrical shows, memorabilia, Beatles convention, speakers and more! www.cavernclub.com
- The Beatles Story Liverpool – Visit the world’s largest permanent exhibit of the Beatles story that outlines their lives from humble beginnings to one of the most famous bands of all time. http://www.beatlesstory.com